How does a Health Savings Account work?
An HSA is similar to a normal checking account. You can make deposits into your account, then pay for eligible medical with your HSA Debit Card, pay bills online, or even make transfers.
Make a Contribution to Your HSA
You have options when it comes to depositing funds to your HSA.
- Payroll – Contribute pre-tax funds to your HSA from your paycheck when you have a High Deductible Health Plan through your employer.
- Online Transfers – Transfer funds into your HSA through the HSA Central Consumer Portal or on the HSA Central App. All you need to do is connect your bank account to HSA Central.
- Transfer Existing Funds – Rollover or transfer your existing HSA funds from a previous account to your HSA Central Account.
- Deposit a Check – Easily deposit a check straight into your HSA at any Central Bank location.
Using Your HSA Funds
When it comes to using your HSA funds you have several options.
- HSA Central Debit Card – Pay for eligible medical items with your HSA Central Debit Card. You can use it just like a regular debit card for transactions in-store, online, at the doctor, and at other medical merchants.
- Digital Wallet - Use your card through your preferred mobile wallet: Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay, or Google Pay™.
- Online Bill Pay – Use the Online Bill Pay feature to pay your provider or a medical bill by logging into HSA Central or the HSA Central App.
Reimburse Yourself for Eligible Medical Expenses
Access funds at an ATM, transfer funds to your bank account through the HSA online portal, or request a check from your HSA online.
The HSA Central Mobile App
Download and access the mobile app using the same login credentials you already use to log into HSA Central online. With the app you gain the ability to do even more with your HSA.
- Check balances and account activity
- Make contributions and distributions
- Track expenses and enter purchase items
- Pay medical bills straight from your account
- Take a picture of your receipt to reimburse yourself
- Scan items to determine if they are HSA eligible
To download the app, simple search for HSA Central in your mobile app store.
Don’t have a username and password? Get started here.